Saturday

Evaluation: Question 3

What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?

Obviously, this being a school project my film was made on no budget and we had to use the schools equipment such as cameras etc. However if my film was to be distributed i would like the BFI distribute it. I would want this because i wouldn't want my film to become mainstream and have its meaning stripped away from it by people who don't actually care about the issues it deals with.
I know that by making a social realist piece of film i am only catering for a minority so i would only want it to be distributed by a company who would not try to make it something big but keep it simple the way it should be.
Also, the BFI is a British distributor and i have made my film to be British and have all the qualities of a British social realist piece of film.

No comments: